Thursday, March 26, 2020

First Impression: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I am currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (XC2), and I am falling in love with this game


Pro:

  1. The where to go system is really nice, telling you the direction and distance from you to the target. I really hate lost while trying to clear a quest, so this feature is huge for me
  2. The story and character are interesting. I usually skip all the story, but the XC2 cutscenes are quite good, like watching anime. The characters are adorable. Homura, Nia, Hana, and Hikari are all top tier girls
  3. The combat system is somehow not boring. It's a mix between auto attack and manual, getting the excellent result are satisfying
Con:
  1. Overly complex tutorial. Instead of showing you one by one, this game throw everything at you without giving you the chance to try it. On other aspects, this game decide to tell you nothing about it. Only after 15 hours of game play I managed to do a blade combo (after watching YT of course)
  2. Some quest doesn't have a clear direction. As stated above, I really hate getting lost. Some quest just tell you to search [object] without any further explanation. I don't know if that [object] is a monster, flower, wood, gear, or what, and where to find them. I need to Google for that, and I always think you must be able to clear a game without any outside resource.
The con seems longer than the pro, but actually it's just my complaint because I need to depends on YT or Google to advance in a game. The actual gameplay and story is engaging, so I will keep playing this for now and enjoying every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Win Friends and Influence People

 Author: Dale Carnegie Originally published: October 1936 Self note Practical – Every day Become genuinely interested in other people Smile ...